Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Settling in...

Alright, so all my stuff is here, moved in, I moved some of my stuff back to my dad's because it doesn't fit. Overall, it's a tight squeeze, but everything I need is here. I'm not sure I will be able to get my couch back out of the apartment, but whatever. The move was not so smooth - my movers (Frisbie Moving in Ann Arbor/Detroit - boo) have damaged some of my stuff - nothing ridiculous, but my headboard/footboard have been damaged, along with my bed frame. And my old TV is also worse for the wear, but everything is still usable. But it was super annoying, and as usual, they are making it as hard as possible to make insurance claims - taking 2 weeks to send me the forms!

It's been pretty hot and humid here, and I don't have an air conditioner in yet, b/c my windows are being replaced next week - which is almost 2 weeks later than what I was originally told. I figure I'd wait until the new windows are in. So, I have two fans going at all times in the apt. And I'm at two showers a day. I try to find places with a/c to pass the time, so I've seen a bunch of movies recently. Here are my reviews:

Knocked Up: A-. Izzy isn't as annoying as she is on Grey's, and Seth Rozen (the dude from 40 Year Old Virgin) is hilarious, as is Paul Rudd. I'm pretty excited for Super Bad too.

Die Hard: B-. Pretty good action, Bruce is still awesome at 50, but the ending is super cheesy and really obnoxious.

Transformers: Solid A. I really liked it - the action and special effects are great. Great movie, it's a bit long, but you don't feel like it.

No Reservations: B. A pretty good rom com, there's no real conflict in the movie, so its pretty harmless. Supposedly, the restaurant where Catherine Zeta-Jones is the exec chef is on Bleeker and Charles - down the block from me! Oh, and Aaron Eckhardt is hot.

I've also read the new and last Harry Potter - I'd say this is probably the best book since book 3. It's long, but goes fast, as usual. I won't say anymore in case some of you have not read it and are planning too.

I've gone to Bed, Bath and Beyond a lot the past two weeks. Thank god my mom sent me all of her 20% off coupons. They really need a Target in the city - I know there's one in Brooklyn, right off the 4/5 subway stop, but really, who wants to go all the way out there? I still need some things, like a small filing cabinet to put some papers in. Shelves, hooks, and other ways to create more storage space - I should go to Home Depot.

Anyways, I start work in a week - August 7 - I got my training schedules for the week (Tues - Fri). Apparently, there are lessons for Excel and Powerpoint. Awesome, I'm glad I spent the past two years in bschool for this. But I'm excited for my first paycheck - which probably will not be until the end of August - kill me. Being poor in NYC is no fun. NO FUN I TELL YOU.

Well, sorry for the boring update, but I haven't really been doing anything fun except deal with apartment stuff for the past two weeks. It's really a big hassle. Moving sucks. I'm sure I'll have more exciting updates after I start working. We can chat about the ins and outs of business casual attire.

No comments: