Thursday, July 12, 2007

NYC Apartment!

I have finally done it! I have found an apartment in the neighborhood I want, in the budget range I want! Well. Let's be honest. I'm paying my max amount possible for a small studio in the West Village. Small as in, it's barely 9 feet wide, but it's very long with a brand new kitchen and bathroom. My kitchen has granite counter tops and comes with a microwave. Nice! And its a ground floor apartment, which I am not in love with, but I am having bars put on them, so it's safer. And an easy move in. I signed the lease this week and get the keys before the weekend! My lease starts on July 15 which is perfect since my movers are schedule for the 16-21st. So my apartment seems to be almost done. I still need to put in shelfs and curtains, etc, but that should be fun and good since I don't start work until Aug 7. So I have plenty of time. woo hoo! Here are some pictures for your amusement at my living situation.



Besides that, it has been great to be back in NYC. It has been super hot this past week - mid 90s and humid. that's made for a super sweaty Wendy stomping all over the city. Pretty gross. Dewy, I like to call it - that sheen of sweat that has been constantly covering me all week.

Anyways, that's the update for now!

1 comment:

Mark said...

nine feet wide with bars is generally considered jail.