Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Few Pictures from the Serengeti!

Okay, I finally got to upload a few photos - I can't upload more, the site keeps timing out on me - but hopefully these will give you a snapshot of all the cool things I saw in Tanzania!

Mother lion and two cubs - look at the one on the left yawning, how cute! This is in the Serengeti - they were high up in the rocks.A zebra on the side of the road in the Ngorongoro crater. Isn't she beautiful?? Or isn't he handsome? whatever, you know what I mean.The giraffes in the Serengeti are known to be darker than in other parts of Africa. Why? I have no idea. Someone else can google it or look it up on wikipedia.And finally, the hardest to find (besides a cheetah) - a leopard! Look at him, all posing for the cameras on the dead tree trunk. "I'm so pretty. Look at all my spots." Seriously, this cat was posing and preening for all of us. There was a caravan of 4x4 trucks lined up on the road to watch this cool cat!Alright, so that was a preview - I will upload ALL 800+ of my pictures later this week when I get back - I'll be back in NYC on Thursday! And I'm going straight to eat chinese food! and maybe some sushi. and a big salad. Apparently, no one eats vegetables in Africa. Just red meat and carbs. So much for my diet.

No comments: